Dog Vaccine Recommendations:
DAP (Distemper virus, Adenovirus or hepatitis, Parvovirus)
- Puppies under 16 weeks: Start at 7-8 weeks old, repeat vaccines every 3-4 weeks until 16 weeks old; booster vaccines one year later, then every three years thereafter.
- Adult dogs: Minimum of 2 annual boosters, then every three years.
- Puppies under 16 weeks: We do not vaccinate.
- Puppies over 16 weeks and adult dogs: 1 dose followed by booster one year later; then every three years thereafter.
- We recommend this vaccine for all puppies. Adult dogs at risk should be vaccinated. These dogs include those that visit dog parks, Clinton Reservoir or spend time in the country.
- Puppies:Initial dose at 12 weeks with booster 4 weeks later.
- Adults at risk: Annual boosters.
Bordetella/Parainfluenza (Kennel Cough)
- We recommend this vaccine for all puppies and for adult dogs, especially those who are boarded or kenneled, visit dog parks, or receive grooming services. All dogs staying at Clinton Parkway Animal Hospital, must be protected against Bordetella.
- Puppies: Initial dose administered intranasally, followed by an injection 3-4 weeks later, with annual boosters.
- Adults: Annual boosters.
Canine Influenza H3N2 ("dog flu")
- Patients most likely to benefit from vaccination include dogs attending doggy day care, are boarded or groomed, or frequent dog parks.
- Adults at risk: Initial vaccine with booster in 3-4 weeks. Annual boosters thereafter. Learn more...