Canine Heartworm Information
Interesting Facts About Mosquitoes
- Only female mosquitoes bite.
- Mosquitoes are attracted by several things, including heat, movement, body odor, lactic acid and carbon dioxide. They especially love stinky feet!
- Mosquitoes prefer smaller targets due to increased body heat (infrared light) compared to people.
- You’re more likely to be a target for mosquitoes if you consume bananas.
- Mosquito activity increases 500x during a full moon.
- The average lifespan of a female mosquito is up to 100 days. The male lives 10 to 20 days.
- Female mosquitoes can live 30 days in extremely cold weather.
CPAH Best Products
We constantly evaluate products to provide the best protection. Our prices are lower than retailers and online pet pharmacies because we offer special savings coupons not available from retail stores and internet pharmacies.
- Interceptor®Plus: Once-a-month, chicken-flavored chewable. Purchase 6 doses, receive $5 rebate coupon, purchase 12 doses, receive $15 rebate coupon.
- Combine with Simparica®, a tasty monthly chewable that protects against fleas and ticks. It is our CPAH Best Product for dogs exposed to ticks.
- Trifexis®: Once-a-month beef flavored chewable for dogs with no tick exposure. Prevents heartworm, fleas and many intestinal parasites. Purchase 6 doses, receive $10 rebate coupon, purchase 12 doses, receive $25 rebate coupon.
Enjoy FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49 from our online pharmacy.
What About Heartworm Resistance?
Heartworm Drug Resistance: It’s real! Recent evidence indicates that a dog faithfully given heartworm-prevention medication may still become infected with heartworms. Convincing evidence of resistance was presented by multiple researchers at a meeting of the American Association of Veterinary Parasitologists. Because of this, the American Heartworm Society advises an annual blood test, even if they are on year-round preventative.